Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Teachers' Culture Class

I strongly believe in practicing what we preach, so I'd like the teachers (and maybe the staff also) to go through some sort of culture training (http://educatorjasmine.blogspot.com/2012/02/cultureetiquette-classes.html). This could be done online and/or through seminars. Some topics from the students' culture class that I think the teachers could take are:


Personal image: sitting, standing, walking, dressing, speakingTable mannersBeing a good conversationalistSocial networkingCommon Courtesies: being a good neighbor, living with othersNotes, letters, invitations, announcementsGreetingsSocial names and titlesHosts and guestsFormal dinners and partiesGiving and receiving gifts
International etiquette

No comments:

Post a Comment