Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Arts

Some of the arts I could include are: architecture, sculpting, painting, choir, band, orchestra, poetry, dance, theater/cinema, dance, drawing, gastronomy (culinary arts), and comedy



In high school, students should be able to pick which arts they want each semester. I this this would be better to do than for each year because then each student would have more opportunities with each art and would feel better about the choices they make since much of the curriculum I'm offering is fixed.

In middle school, schools should have units of arts in the fall and get to pick in the spring.

In elementary school, schools should have units of arts all year.


The arts should have an emphasis on practicing, history, knowing something (not just memorizing everything), being well-rounded, knowing the greats, and proving what they know (instead of what they don't know). 

No comments:

Post a Comment