Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Boarding School?

I'm pretty sure I want my school to be a boarding school because - and I'm just being honest here - I think parents have way too much potential to screw their kids' education up. They can show plenty of support to their education by sending the kids to a good school and loving them like crazy when they're home, so I can control the rest of their educational lives. And with the environment I'd like to provide in my school, the only things my kids should really be deprived of are their actual parents.



However, I don't want kids who are too young at a boarding school. What I'm thinking is either all of high school or just the last two or three years will be boarding school. This is where I will start when I am building my school. Then I'll build down with the day school kids (this causes big problems with who gets to go to the boarding school - local kids who were raised in my younger schools or anyone who can get in...interesting problem).

I'm thinking the boarding school will be the main campus then surrounding it or next to it will be more generic areas for the younger kids. All the facilities will be present and awesome, but all the kids use the same facilities. I'd like to get students all the way down to the baby level on these campuses. Of course, that age children are there with their parents for programs or perhaps day care.

No comments:

Post a Comment