Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Friday, June 1, 2012

Fine Arts Academy

I am not going to lower the academic standards for these kids. They are not to use fine arts as an excuse to not be academically advanced. Every Friday afternoon/evening, I want some sort of performance or gallery for free in the school. For instance, one month, there could be a choir concert in the first week, a sculpture gallery the second week, a string quartet concet the third week, and a one act play the fourth week.


Visual and performing arts
Crafts and artisanry
Dance
Design, photography
Dramatic arts
Film arts
Fine arts
Music

1. English – all four years – focus on plays and creative writing and classics like Shakespeare
2. Foreign language – all four years
3. Experimental Science – all four years
4. Math – all four years
5. Fine arts* – all four years
6. Fine arts* – at least two years
7. Social Studies – all four years (at least three years?)
8. Culture – all four years
9. Further Studies – at least three years
10. PE* – at least one year, dance counts
*at least 8 classes of arts, must take a certain number of each category (ex: I and II of a subject, etc.) with suggestions for each arts, like these courses together for vocal music will satisfy all requirements but if you want to randomly pick that’s fine 

No comments:

Post a Comment