Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Grading Scale

I do not really like the standard GPA system and the weighted/non-weighted classes system because I expect all of my students to be at the same, high level, and I think a 4.0 and 5.0 grading scale is silly if all classes are weighted the same.

Also, if all of my students will be taking generally the same classes all four years of high school, then the grades out of 100 will reflect each other. Just like people take GPA boosters all the time, classes like culture and the arts could be grade boosters (though I want particularly culture class to be challenging).

This also could make students aware of how each grade they get in each class for each assignment could effect their GPA's but also that it is more of a holistic experience, and that each assignment and each class is a give and take of the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment