Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Further Studies

Further studies are there to expose students to as many subjects as possible so they can, hopefully, know more about their own passions and what they want to do with the rest of their lives. Some of them would be units in the Further Studies class, but some would also be offered as semester courses. I think that this should be structured like the arts classes, where high school students get to pick which semester classes they want, middle school students have units in the fall and semester classes in the spring, and elementary school students have just units.

I'm thinking economics and government should be required, just like they were in my high school. I'm also thinking something about international affairs/relations should be required.

Some subjects: 
Computer science
Astronomy
Earth Science
Ethics
Philosophy
IT classes
Archaeology
Criminology
Economics
Government
IT class
Education
Linguistics
Political science
Sociology
Law
Psychology
Communication
Development studies
Military science (ROTC)
Mythology
Environmental studies 
Neuroscience and behavior biology
Anthropology & archaeology 
Other possibilities: 

Engineering
Healthcare sciences 
Geography
Religion
Woman's studies

Many of these would be just units in the Further Studies class, but some would be offered as semester classes, possibly including computer science, astronomy, IT, economics, linguistics, sociology, psychology, communication, ROTC, and religion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment