Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Internationalism

As an International Baccalaureate graduate and a current student of one of the most international-student-friendly universities in the country, I think an internationally-focused education is extremely important. We need a certain amount of American nationalism, but it is so different knowing how easy it really is to know the world.

This can be done with an emphasis on foreign languages, culture, geography, and other things. I also think it's important to celebrate (or at least acknowledge) holidays and customs from all over the world and include lessons and such on the culture and country and importance of the holiday/custom.

No comments:

Post a Comment