Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Start with Pre-K?

I've been agonizing about how I'm going to get to the position to be able to open a school like this (I know, I'm still in college, I have a few more years to worry about that!), and I think maybe the best way to go would be to start with pre-K classes. Kids learn sooooo much in their first five years (hey, not a bad name) of life, and there are so many parents without the basic skills to help their children grow. I know I'm passionate about the first five years, and I've known since I started dreaming about this school that I eventually wanted to go into pre-K work. So why not start there?

The First Five Years:
Parenting classes for expecting parents
Parenting classes for new parents
Classes for child development and parental development
Day care and learning
Play-based learning
Montessori-based learning
Classes for parents - mothers can "have it all" - family and successful careers

No comments:

Post a Comment