Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

English

English should have a global focus (but with maybe one full year of American Literature) and a focus on good literature that the students would enjoy with classics like The Great Gatsby.


Some of my goals: 
  • Expose students to works (including fiction, nonfiction, short stories, and poetry) that they wouldn't see in their high school, particularly international works 
  • Expect students to have an advanced level of writing and a particularly advanced level of grammar and spelling 
  • Offer many opportunities to write in response to prompts, subjects, and no prompts
  • Connect literature to film adaptations


A book I read and really enjoyed in high school:
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer


No comments:

Post a Comment