Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Friday, August 3, 2012

Number of Students

In coming up with an ideal number of students for each year, I need to keep in mind that I can't exceed the number of students that can be on a panel their senior year. There are roughly 40 Fridays in the academic year, so let's calculate with 38 of them. Let's say 3 senior panelists each week. So I can't have more than 114 seniors each year. That's 456 students total. So I'm thinking no more than 440 students in the school. So 110 students each year! I think I can try to have 100 freshmen each year then let in a few more students for sophomore and junior year then not let anyone else in before their senior year (so students get at least two years at MA before they graduate).

No comments:

Post a Comment