Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Archive: History Class Description Before 8/1/12

History:12 - 20th and 21st Centruy Topics/World Topics
11 - European History
10 - American History
9 - World History
I'm playing around with the possibility of doing a year or a semester on each continent, but I haven't worked out the kinks yet, and that could only be done if I included middle school. If demand is high enough, I may include more specific classes that can replace European history.
Some of my goals: students should be able to have an overview of history, be able to analyze certain situations, and go in depth on specific topics; students should learn how big and different the world is but that it is accessable to them at all times for jobs and travel; and students should have an international mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment