Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Monday, August 6, 2012

Lesson

In addition to not speaking with filler words (umm uhh like), I want my students to quickly get out of the habit of spending a lot of time telling people about what they're not going to tell them. Honestly, teachers are probably worse at this than students, so everyone should learn! I went to a presentation last week, and one lady spent 4 or 5 minutes of the hour-long presentation telling us about a program she was not going to tell us about. She told us what is is, why it doesn't apply to us, why she's not going to tell us about it, etc. It was a waste of everyone's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment