Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Archive: Graduation Requirements Before 8/1/12

English: 4 years
Foreign Language: 4 years, at least 3 years of the same language
History: 4 years
12 - 20th and 21st Centruy Topics/World Topics
11 - European History
10 - American History
9 - World History
I'm playing around with the possibility of doing a year or a semester on each continent, but I haven't worked out the kinks yet, and that could only be done if I included middle school.
Experimental Sciences: 4 years, at least one year of physics, chemistry, and biology, and at least one year of a higher level of one of the three
Math: 4 years
Students will need to complete algebra I, algebra II, geometry, and pre calculus. Depending on when they start math in middle school, they should also complete calculus and statistics.
Arts/PE: One year of art, one year of PE/sport, one year of health
Art and PE are also required every Friday, but the M-Th class is unrelated to the F class.
Culture: 4 years
Further Studies: 2 years of one semester courses

Friday Classes:
PE: 4 years
Arts: 4 years
Current Events/Life Skills Class:4 years
Change Class: 4 years

Other requirements:
40 hours of community service by graduation - completed during change class primarily

No comments:

Post a Comment