Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Friday, August 3, 2012

Making MA Happen

Ben Wildavsky: Making it work:
1.      Pick curriculum carefully
2.      Keep students engaged
3.      Train teachers thoroughly
4.      Track student progress and learning – “outcome guides” that directly track the learning of a student
Be careful of elitism and grade inflation (Amy Laitinen)
Are we paying for a college experience or for learning? – Amy Laitinen
Make data-driven decisions supported by measurement and accountability – Ari Blum
See a city/place as a big campus (Anya Kamenetz)

No comments:

Post a Comment