Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Friday, August 3, 2012

Doing Less with Less

I want to strip school down a little. A study showed that students in Japan, despite how well they do in international testing, use more traditional methods of teaching (like reading and writing from a textbook). Also, students do not need as many bells and whistles as we think. I learned all of the Microsoft Office applications, but my friend Charlie, a buisnessman, only needs Excel and PowerPoint in the real world.

AEI event: "Do less with less instead of more with less" - Anya Kamenetz

No comments:

Post a Comment