Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Friday, July 20, 2012

Trips for Students

I know it would make tuition steep, but I want trips added in to students' tuition so they go on "free" trips throughout the year. We have four big breaks, so I think one week trips should be offered in fall break (only two weeks long) and winter break (don't really want to go over Christmas) and two week and one week trips should be offered over spring and summer breaks (both three week breaks). This gives students time to relax at home and the opportunity to see the world.



I want to offer two "free" trips to every student each year: one 2-week and one 1-week or two 1-weeks. That would be eight trips by the time they graduate high school. I'd also encourage every student to plan the trips so they go to every continent (besides Antarctica) at least once.

With so many students going on so many trips, it would be great if we could get a partnership with an airline and with other companies like the Ron Clark Academy has with Delta. Of course, at least at first, because this is a for-profit school, my kids aren't going to be mostly low-income students, but maybe I can at least get some deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment