Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Calligraphy

I recently learned how to write using basic (and rather rough calligraphy). It is not going to be terribly useful to me ever (except the times I just feel like writing something more nicely, like on photo albums or journals I know I'm going to keep for a long time), but it was fun and possibly made my regular handwriting a bit neater.

The point is, I think it would be nice to just have one lesson on some sort of calligraphy (oh yes, there are MANY different types) in culture class. Perhaps each student could pick from a handout and/or video showing and explaining how to write using calligraphy, and the teacher could wander around the room helping and learning with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment