Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Moonwalking With Einstein

I recently read a book called Moonwalking With Einstein by Joshua Foer. It is about his experience training for and winning a national memory competition, mostly using a technique involving "memory palaces," where interesting and outrageous information is stored in a familiar buildling (like your childhood house) in your head to remember things.

One thing he mentioned, which I think is INCREDIBLY important to include in my school, is that "Creating new memories stretches out psychological time, and lengthens our perceptions of our lives." Basically, it feels like we've really accomplished something and had a great life if we do exciting and interesting things, like trips, work, and other activities.

I highly recommend the book to everyone. It is easy to read and very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment