Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Friday, July 20, 2012

Number of Students and Teachers

I think I want to have about 300 students in each academy. (This is completely just initial thoughts.) That would be 75 students in each year.

We could admit 65 students their freshman year. I'm guessing 60-65 of those will accept. Then we could work our way up to 75 by letting students in their sophomore, junior, and senior year.

Classes could be about 25 students each. That would be three classes of each year for each subject (so three Culture I, three Culture II, three Culture III, and three Culture IV each year). That would be 12 classes total for most of the subjects. Two teachers could be 6 classes each, perhaps underclassmen for one and upperclassmen for the other.

That leaves two periods open for the teacher. One of those periods could be an open period, a planning period, and the other could be used for teaching a further studies or other class. Maybe some of the teachers could be hired to analyze data within the school during that last period.

2 English teachers - f/s and j/s
2 History teachers - f/s and j/s
2 Culture teachers - f/s and j/s
3 Math teachers - students come to high school at different levels of math


Arts
PE
Further Studies
Science - One science teacher for each of the three sciences?
Foreign Language - One teacher for each foreign language offered?
Friday Classes:
Arts
PE
Change Class 
World Class

No comments:

Post a Comment