Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ron Clark

Understand from the beginning that I am a full fledged fan girl of Ron Clark. I went to a talk by Ron Clark at my university a few months ago, and at the end, when he was signing his latest book for me, he told me I had been a very good listener during his presentation. It floored me because the talk was to a room of 50 or so people, but he had still noticed and was able to compliment me. I think for a very long time, that is going to be the best and most remembered compliment I'll get. Moral of this story: at a younger age, praise like that is even more important for the self esteem and work ethic of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment