Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Boarding School

I do not think I want to have a boarding school for my first school simply because I want kids of all ages, and I do not want kids younger than high school in boarding school.

In talking with my dad over the past few months, I have found that he is incredibly against boarding schools because he feels like then the parents are not raising their own kids, and the kids are being sent off like rejects. I think he has the completely wrong opinion (in most cases), and here is another example why:

My fellow intern at the US DOE, Lucy, went to boarding school for high school, and she loved it. Her school kept the students busy from 8:30-6:30 six days a week (that schedule five days for my private school kids?), so she became incredibly involved when she got to college because she was used to having that much time filled every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment