Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Life Lesson Lecture

My economics professor gave us a "life lesson" lecture today in class instead of a regular lecture. He said it would be about some of the things he wished he had known at our age. I think it was very insightful and a good speech for anyone to hear, regardless of age. It was based on the “human capacities” that Marshall Gregory had identified:

Imagination
Introspection - check list of virtues, too much sensory input
Reason
Language - English class, theater
Morality/Ethics
Aesthetics - love of knowledge, pleasure in beauty
Sociability
Physicality - maintaining alertness, controlling impulses, mind and body

I think this would be a good workshop topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment