Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Multi-Subject Classes

Courses to expose students to as many subjects as possible.

For example, a general social science class that introduces students to the basics of philosophy, anthropology, education, and many other classes.

http://www.gs.emory.edu/about/special.php?entity_id=93
Emory University has a class like this that introduces many topics in a freshman seminar. Each topic covered lasts for a week or two during the semester-long course.

Many of my classmates have no idea what subjects they are interested in (and could possibly pursue a career) because they have not been exposed to many of the subjects that are present in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment