Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Social and Dance Education

I want a huge part of my culture classes to be social and social dance education. I found a program that does just that:

Social I for fifth and sixth graders: self-esteem and confidence, handshakes, meeting and introductions, etiquette in public, telephone etiquette, everyday table manners, line dances, fox trot, waltz, shag, twist

Social II for second years: table manners, napkins, silverware, china, crystal, extending and receiving invitations, host/hostess and guest duties, dining, tipping, thank you notes, Slapppin' Leather, Amos Moses, line dances, fox trot, waltz, shag, confidence-building, courtesy, respect

Dance Club for third years: the first meeting, personal qualities, party savvy, dining, etiquette in public, confidence, boogie, cha-cha, fox trot, waltz, shag

Cotillion Club for fourth year eighth graders: extending and receiving invitations, host/hostess and guest duties, dining, napkins, silverware, china, crystal, being served and serving yourself, difficult to eat foods, tipping, grooming, posture, movies and concerts, thank-you notes, Caribbean Hustle, Vienna Waltz, line dances, fox trot, waltz, shag

Lead Dance for fifth to eighth years in high school: dancing at different parties, dining etiquette, introduction skills, art of toasting, first job interview, getting ready for firsts (date, prom, homecoming, job)


There are a few more classes for when students start at different ages, but above is the idea. I love how this is spread out over the years, but I think my class can go much more in-depth. I do need to be careful not to make this class tedious because a lot of these websites focus on making sure the students are having fun. 

Perfectly Polished

No comments:

Post a Comment