Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Modern Day Finishing School

I love the description for the Modern Day Finishing School for Men and Women by Gloria Starr. It has an emphasis on why finishing school and etiquette is important in a modern, professional setting. It is for adults, but I think it could very easily be translated into lessons for teens and kids for my culture classes.

Her units for the class are:
First Impressions-Lasting Impressions
The Six P's of Personal Marketing
Business Attire
Five Rules of Personal Marketing
The New Dress for Success Rules
Manners Really Do Matter
Ambassador Skills and Communication Essentials

I think this would be an especially great way to convince parents - and maybe even non-culture teachers - of the importance of this class.

Gloria Starr's Finishing School

No comments:

Post a Comment