Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Monday, April 9, 2012

Finland

In an article by Ellen Gamerman, "What Makes Finnish Kids So Smart?" I read that one big aspect of education is that adults do not hover very much when the kids are young, which contributes heavily to their academic success. In fact, I also read in a parenting article a few months ago that French parents treat their kids similarly and often have much fewer discipline problems than do American parents.

Back to Finland, the article also talks about their having a back-to-basics teaching technique, so there are no sports teams, advanced classes, marching bands, or proms, which I found interesting because I believe in a very holistic education.

What Makes Finnish Kids So Smart?


No comments:

Post a Comment