Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is a place for me to organize and display my thoughts on education and get feedback. My current plan is to open a private high school called Murray Academy. Above are pages with my most recent thoughts. Enjoy!

Friday, June 1, 2012

Focus Schools

I have recently thought of other schools I want, called focus schools. They'd be a lot like conservatories or magnet schools but at the level of academic standards as the students in my general Murray Academy. I've taken some of the curriculum from college majors and magnet programs.

Focus schools do not take away the integrity of Murray Academies. All of my students will have to focus on academic excellence, personal skills, and be thinkers and prepared to take on everything. All of them will also have culture class, since that is my main reason for these schools.

These schools are not like majors in college or like tracks or programs like in foreign schools; these are just nudges in certain directions to give students an edge in a particular field.

Most, if not all, of these schools will have ten classes instead of eight, like I changed my general Murray Academy to, because focus schools need more time for general classes and focus classes. This would still use the block schedule, with three classes before lunch and two after every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment